EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW
It is against the law for agencies affiliated with this site to discriminate on the following basis:
Additionally, agencies affiliated with this site comply fully with the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of the following laws:
- Against any individual in the United States, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief; and
- Against any beneficiary of programs financially assisted under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA), on the basis of the beneficiary's citizenship/status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States, or his or her participation in any WIA Title I-financially assisted program or activity.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin;
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities;
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of age; and
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED DISCRIMINATION
If you think that you have been subjected to discrimination, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either the agency's Equal Opportunity Officer (or the person whom the agency has designated for this purpose); or The Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC), U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210.
For more information on filing a discrimination claim, visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website.
The U.S. Department of Labor oversees discrimination and equal opportunity enforcement through its Civil Rights Center.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Copyright © 1998-2014 Geographic Solutions. All rights reserved.
For more information contact Geographic Solutions.